What is different in a man’s head? Different from a woman, that is. This is such an interesting question and one that is necessary to answer for any woman that wants to get ahead in the world and for any man that wants to understand why women do what they do.
Many of my friends have their husbands coach them when it comes to the professional world, asking for raises, promotions, making proposals, etc. Women are told to think more like a man. But what does that mean? We are not men so we have no native instinct for thinking like a man.
I have been pondering this, observing and asking questions for a few years now. I have come up with ten ways of thinking that are typically male thoughts. Most women do not think these things. It may benefit women to learn to think like this, or at least act like they believe these things until they actually believe them and are able to act accordingly.
I have test marketed this list with men and women in all aspects of the business and church world and in all age groups. The most common response was a knowing laugh.
So here goes.
TEN UNCONSCIOUS ASSUMPTIONS THAT MEN MAKE (and women don’t)
1) My point of view/opinions are valued.
2) I am wanted as a team member.
3) I am welcome at the leadership table.
4) My questions will be answered.
5) My ideas are important.
6) If I lead someone will follow.
7) I can show up as my true self. I do not need to alter myself to be acceptable.
8) People will notice if I drop out of the conversation.
9) I become more valuable as I age.
10) I will be fairly treated financially.
There you have it! What do you think? What would you add to this list?